Homemade stenciling like a pro
Masking tape can be used to create beautiful designs and colourful effects. Using a 5cm making tape will ensure clean lines and a smooth finish between colours. Stencils can also be drawn onto lining paper and cut out, here are some Proud Paint tips to stencil like a pro:
- Using a 1inch – 2inch tape allows you to create boundaries between colours. This also helps with smooth lines and clean edges.
- Painting a solid background before doing your design.
- When your desired shape is placed onto your wall press down the edges firmly. This prevents the paint leaking under the tape. Choosing a quality tape that doesn’t allow bleeding and is easy to peel off, will be worth paying the extra for.
- Start by using a brush to dab the paint down the edges of the masking tape/stencil, this will create a solid, drip free outline before painting the rest.
- Taking your time. Timing is key and working slower and being more precise will create a better finished project.
- When using the paint, a little goes a long way, build your base and go from there, using thick amounts of paint will result in dripping.